As part of an international month of action against arms fairs, CAAT is launching “One Year to #StopDSEI”.
When the DSEI arms fair took place in 2015, its setup was disrupted by six consecutive days of creative blockades; the London transport system was subvertised with spoof ads which were seen by hundreds of thousands of people and over 10,000 people signed a petition calling on David Cameron to ‘welcome refugees, not arms dealers’.
Take part in September’s month of action: One Year to #StopDSEI
- Come to the One Year to #StopDSEI launch event on 1 September
- Explore skills for direct action at the arms fair’s venue on 3 September
- Plan action at your local arms company site – we can help with props, leaflets and publicity
- Join and share the Facebook events
- Throughout September, keep your eye on our events list and #StopDSEI for details of further action
- Pledge now to take action against the DSEI arms fair.
One Year to #StopDSEI is part of an international month of action against arms fairs. Actions and events are being planned in the US, New Zealand, Belgium and Australia. Follow #WarStartsHere for updates.