Everything you ever wanted to know about the arms fairSeptember 7, 2013
Over the past few months, we’ve collected some gems on our blog.
Naturally, we didn’t want you to miss out, so see below for a categorised list of posts to whet your lips before the arms fair starts…
Intersections with other struggles
- Palestine: The UK’s dirty secrets: Palestine and the arms trade // Israel’s booming secretive arms trade
- Algeria and oil: Are EU gas supplies more important than human rights?
- Bahrain: Shopping for tear gas
- Turkey: How London Gezi linked to Stop the Arms Fair
- Syria: Stop the arms fair, stop the invasion of Syria
- Austerity: Austerity hypocrisy: military spending is spared the chop // Who pays for high military spending? // Welfare or arms fair: what would you choose?
- Nuclear weapons: Nuclear weapon makers at the arms fair
- Drones: Boom time for Drone Deals at DSEI
Advice and ideas on taking action
- Protesting your a local arms company: Wherever they seek to do business, we aim to stop them.
- Write to your local newspaper about DSEI: The pen is mightier than the tank? // DSEI tries to stay secret. Help us spread the word!
- BAE Systems AGM disruption: No business as usual for arms dealers
- Anti-militarist day of action for the G8: Finding all the arms dealers in central London
- Protesting your a local arms company: Struggles near home: why fighting the arms trade locally is effective
- Disrupting fancy arms dealers dinners: Dining out on death and destruction
- Disrupting fancy arms dealers breakfasts: Arms dealers find coffee and croissants hard to get
- Noise-making outside EDO factory: USA and France still want to attack Syria: resist!
Don’t forget to check through our full events list too!