Saturday 12 September 2015
ExCeL east entrance
Royal Albert Way
This is tomorrow! Join us on Saturday 12 September from 10am at the ExCeL Centre (nearest station: Prince Regent DLR) for a day of creative action.
What to expect:
- A flashmob meditation with Wake Up London: 11.30am on the roundabout.
- Join a flashmob choir with Wake Up London: At 12.15pm outside Prince Regents DLR station.
- Hear from people who have been impacted by conflict and the arms trade
- Music, poems and performances: Songs Not Bombs
- Join a musical protest, from 2pm
- An art space: get crafty and creative
- Tasty food by Veggies from Nottingham
Join the Critical Mass Bike Ride to get to the ExCeL Centre. Meet outside Societe Generale, 41 Tower Hill at 11am.
This fun and accessible action will be the culmination of a week of action in the run up to the arms fair to make it as difficult as possible for it to go ahead. Exhibition equipment and military hardware will be rolling (or sailing) into ExCeL – let’s stop it getting to its destination!
For practical information about travel and legal advice see our practical information page.
Getting to the ExCeL Centre
By London underground and DLR:
The Excel Centre is on the Dockland Light Railway (known as the DLR), which connects to the London underground (and you can use your oyster card, just as with all other transport systems in London).
You will probably want to join the DLR either at Bank station (which connects with Central and Northern line) or at Stratford station, which connects with Central and with London overground).
(handy hint: if you get on the DLR at Stratford, there are lots of different platforms: you need platform 17).
An alternative way to go is to take the Jubilee line all the way to Canning Town, and join the DLR there.
Whichever of the above routes you take, you will need to travel on the DLR line to Prince Regent station (final destination will be marked as: Beckton).