Sunday 20 July 2014
16:00 - 17:00
Near the pedestrian entrance (Gate B) to the Farnborough Air Show.
Queens Gate Road
The Farnborough Airshow is best known for its civilian airshow, but its main purpose is the combined arms fair and civil aerospace exhibition. This is a shop window for the world’s arms dealers, where buyers from repressive regimes come to choose weapons.
At the arms fair this year are:
- Military buyers from unstable or authoritarian regimes: in 2012, Algeria, Bahrain, Indonesia, Libya and Saudi Arabia sent military delegations.
- BAE Systems whose armoured vehicles were used to support the repression of democracy protests in Bahrain.
- Rosoboronexport, the main weapons supplier to Syria’s Assad.
- Ukrainian and Russian arms companies touting weapons side by side.
- Israeli arms companies, despite Israel’s recent aggression in Gaza.
The family-friendly airshow and ‘Futures Day’ event allow weapons manufacturers a unique PR opportunity. Quakers and other local Christians will be meeting for worship on the last day of the Airshow, on Sunday 20 July. The meeting is open to all.
Travel directions and more information, including a map, are available online at www.tinyurl.com/Quakers-AirShow
For more information about the meeting, please email email@example.com